One of the most protective iPhone cases of all time is coming for the new iPhone models: the Griffin Survivor. This all-terrain iPhone and iPhone 6 Plus tough case is made to military standards, and is rated to withstand dirt, sand, rain, shock, vibration and drops.
The Survivor works so well thanks to a rigid polycarbonate internal frame, which is clad in shock-absorbent silicone. That should protect your iPhone 6 from a 1.8m drop onto a flat concrete surface. Sealed ports and an integrated display shield prevent water, dirt, dust and wind. The case has also been shown to resist vibration from 20 to 2000Hz for 18 hours, making it effective even in industrial environments.
The Survivor does necessarily make your iPhone 6 thicker and heavier, so Griffin have included a heavy-duty detachable belt clip that gives you a nice alternative to placing the iPhone 6 in your pocket.
The Griffin Survivor was the star of an entertaining series of videos, where the case survived hazards common and uncommon; the case was immersed in maple syrup, dropped off a bridge and dragged behind a car. If you haven’t seen the videos before, they’re definitely worth a few minutes of your time:
- Griffin Survivor iPhone 6 All Terrain Case – Black
- Griffin Survivor iPhone 6 All Terrain Case – Blue / Black
- Griffin Survivor iPhone 6 All Terrain Case – Pink / Black
- Griffin Survivor iPhone 6 Plus All Terrain Case – Black
- Griffin Survivor iPhone 6 Plus All Terrain Case – Blue / Black
- Griffin Survivor iPhone 6 Plus All Terrain Case – Pink / Black
Thanks for checking out the article and be sure to let us know what you think in the comments below! If you have any questions, please get in touch via Twitter @mobilefun or on Facebook at Love Your Mobile.