The Samsung SmartTag is a small, Bluetooth-enabled tracker that can be attached to keys, bags, or anything else you want to keep track of. It uses a CR2032 battery, which is a small, lithium battery that is easy to replace.
Depending on your usage and other factors, CR2032 batteries can last about a year, so you won’t have to worry about replacing them for a while, however, if you are someone that misplaces their keys often and needs to use the speaker to locate them they could run out quicker.
How will I know when to change the battery?
To view the battery’s level you need to follow the below steps:
- Open the SmartThings app >tap Menu (the three horizontal lines)
- Tap All devices > Select your SmartTag.
The current battery level will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
How to change the battery in your Samsung SmartTag?
To change the battery in your Samsung SmartTag, follow these steps:
1. Use a small, flat object, such as a screwdriver or a coin, to push open the back of the SmartTag.
2. Remove the old battery.
3. Insert a brand new CR2032 battery.
4. Replace the back of the SmartTag.