Last updated: April 2018
Amazon have released quite a few Kindle e-readers and tablets over the years, and sometimes the differences between models can be hard to spot. It is important to know which Kindle you have, as you want to be sure you are getting the right cases and accessories. If you’re not sure what Kindle you have, then you can use the strategies below to answer the question “What Kindle do I have?” and identify your Kindle.
Check the Settings screen
More recent Kindle models include a helpful Settings menu which can tell you which model it is.
On standard e-ink Kindles, go to the Home screen, press the menu button, and select Settings.
On Kindle Fire tablets, open the Settings menu by tapping on the gear icon or by swiping down from the top of the screen, then tap More > Device.
Check the Serial Number
You can find this sixteen digit code in the box your Kindle came in or when you click on Settings and go to Device Info. Find your specific generation or type based on the first four characters.
- Kindle (2007): Booo
- Kindle 2 (2009): B002, B003
- Kindle DX (2010): B004, B005, B009
- Kindle Keyboard (2010): B006, B008, B00A
- Kindle 4 (2011): B00E, B023, 9023
- Kindle 5 / Touch (2012): B00F, B010, B011, B012
- Kindle Paperwhite (2012): B024, B01B, B01C, B01D, B01F, B020
- Kindle Paperwhite 2 (2013): B0D4, 90D4, B0D5, 90D5, B0D6, 90D6, B0D7, 90D7, B0D8, 90D8, B0F2, 90F2, B017, 9017, B060, 9060, B062, 9062, B05F, 905F
- Kindle 7 (2014): B001, B0C6, 90C6, B0DD, 90DD
- Kindle Voyage (2014): B00I, B013, B053, B054
- Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015): G090
- Kindle Oasis: G0B0G
- Kindle 8: B018
- Kindle Oasis 2: G000P8, G000S1, G0000SA
- Fire: D01E
Check distinguishing features
Amazon offer a useful (if hard to find) list of distinguishing features for each of their Kindle and Kindle Fire models. Visit the relevant page below:
- See Amazon’s Kindle e-reader distinguishing features
- See Amazon’s Kindle Fire distinguishing features
See Kindle accessories
Shop Kindle cases
Looking for Kindle cases and covers? Here’s a selection of our range:
We hope this information is helpful! If you have any questions not solved by following the steps above, then please let us know in the comments below or by writing to us on Twitter @mobilefun.