While there aren’t many real surprises here, Sony Ericsson have confirmed that the phone will run on the same operating system as the Nokia 5800 and the Samsung Omnia HD, making the this first S60 handset from Sony Ericsson. The other feature that was previously unmentioned is that the camera will have touch focus. This allows you to focus on an object in your photo by pressing the screen – a feature first seen on the G900 last summer.
Most of the features remain unchanged from those revealed in February, and the phone is still the most impressive handset to be announced by Sony Ericsson for quite a few years. Confirmed features on the phone include:
- 3.5 inch Touchscreen with accelorometer
- Micro SDHC memory card (up to 16GB)
- Wi-Fi with DLNA support – What is DLNA?
- 12 MP Camera with autofocus, xenon flash, Touch focus, geo-tagging, face and smile detection
- Symbian Series 60, 5th edition
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Gesture control
Release dates are still to be confirmed, but the Satio should be available in the UK between July & September.
Remember to check our release dates page for the latest information handsets being released in the next 3 months.