Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Tough Case and Screen Protector Olixar Sentinel Reviews
- All languages ( 47)
- French ( 3)
- Spanish ( 1)
- Dutch ( 1)
- English ( 42)
Showing 1- 10 of 47reviews ( )
There are more reviews in other languages. Show all languages to see more reviews and we can translate them for you.
I really love how smart and sleek my phone looks with the Sentinel - all black. I keep picking up my phone to admire it. Really happy I chose the Sentinel.
Summary- Looks stylish with a sleek finish, could offer more protection so a screen protector might not be necessary.
Great customer support.
Case: It looks great, but it is so thin, it will not protect your phone from anything but dust. Even a small everyday drop on the table will damage your phone.
Screen Protector: Very bad sensitivity, I could not use PENUP to draw with my SPen because the screen protector is detecting input all over the place. I have not drop tested, but I do not think it will last more than one drop.
DO NOT BUY!!!!!
The back and sides of the rubber part of the case is fairly slim which I like since this is a big phone. If you want more protection then maybe go with something bulkier. But I think this case will give ample protection anyway.
The only thing that might be a concern is that it collects some dust around the edges where the glass meets the rubber. Simply taking the back off and cleaning once in a while is a simple fix.
All of the holes and slots line up perfectly. The buttons need only a slight more pressure to work properly. You should turn the sensitivity up as well so your phone can "read" your gestures etc better.
I'd buy this case again for sure.
The screen protector is not great, but serviceable. Definitely reduced responsiveness but thankfully the Note 9 has a setting to make your screen more sensitive just for that purpose so it was fine. I did notice the dots that more expensive protectors advertise as not having, but only at certain angles. The protector is not full adhesive, only the edge, so I found that my dog's hair liked to stick to it, which was a minor annoyance. On the positive, I dropped my phone on it's face onto a tile surface and the screen protector did its job, breaking in a few spots, but saving my phone's screen, which would have certainly been damaged without it. I've since replaced it with a more expensive one, but would buy this one again in a pinch. This one was certainly easier to install than the whitestone I replaced it with.
I am trying to get a refund because the case does not do what it is designed for (protect the phone) because it does not fit properly.
Easy to put on, but as with most cheaper screen protectors, the adhesive is only on edges and am already having hairs and dust coming between screen and protector.
The screen protector is like a magnet for finger prints, like incredibly bad. Additionally, even with touch sensitivity increased there are still noticeable issues with screen responsiveness most likely due to screen protector not being affixed to glass. Overall disappointing.
Fit is good. Brushed texture back feels good in hand.
Could have had higher raised edge to allow for phone to sit off of surfaces when face down.
Slight misalignment of holes at bottom and buttons are a bit hard to press but not a deal breaker.
Delivery time to Australia was 15 days and communication was also very quick
Practical for protection, no fuss installation, value for money. No complaints.
Hello Day1 Olixar team, thank you for the opportunity to provide customer feedback for your Note9 Sentinel case & screen protector kit. - Unfortunately, I do not feel the Sentinel case product for the Note9 aligns with the fact that the Note9 is a “ best of breed” flagship mobile device. This however is constructive criticism, and I’ve taken the time to provide it because I believe in the Olixar brand. You can do better and hopefully will value the feedback and fix the product.
In short, the Sentinel product is adequate, but disappointing. When people spend AUD $1500-$1800 on a device, Olixar need to step up the quality. - My experience and assessment of your Sentinel Note9 case is this:
- Packaged OK, but lacking.
- The instructions were rudimentary
- No cleaning swab
- No dust removal ‘sticker’
- No positioning stickers (as per the instructions)
The Back Case cover
- Mostly OK, the buttons are good however it feels and looks no better than $10 cheapies
- Case is a ‘smidge’ loose. Needs to be tighter on the phone by 0.5mm in length and width
- Top and bottom ‘mic’ holes are 0.5mm misaligned
- Bottom speaker hole 0.5mm misaligned
- Stylus hole is too deep and narrow & interferes with use. It should be tapered wider like the supplied OEM protector
The screen protector – (this is your big problem, very disappointing - The main issue is the lack of sensitivity)
- I used my Note9 for a full week before fitting your screen protector, the naked screen is just excellent to use.
- I took exceptional care cleaning the screen before fitting your protector, no dust and no chemical residue.
- The supplied instructions were not for this kit, they were for a plastic film protector
- No alignment stickers were supplied. I used spare ones from a competitors screen protector
- I applied it well and smoothed outwards from the centre of the screen to the edge adhesives. That bit went fine and it looks good.
- The edge adhesives are not great. They ‘creak’ a bit on two of the edges.
- The biggest issue though is with sensitivity. It’s really bad. Like %20 decrease bad.
- Mostly a second harder ‘peck’ on the screen is required with this protector. It’s nothing at all like the sensitivity of the native Note9 screen.
- Using the stylus on the protector is not a good experience. The pressure required feels like it will wear and damage the stylus tip
- I also feel like the glass protector is not totally flat, or just not capable of communicating gestures & touch to the Note9 screen
- After using the Sentinel screen for a whole week it’s very apparent the protector is not oleophobic. It highlights fingerprints in a way that is completely opposite to the phones naked screens excellent coatings.
- Lastly, cosmetically, the edge black-outs are too ‘shiny black’ and cheapen the look. A deep charcoal or matt would suit the look of the Note9 much better.
Guys, The Sentinel screen protector is letting your brand down. The experience leaves me not trusting any glass screen protector, wanting to rip yours off and buy something like a premium plastic film or the WhiteStone Dome Glass protector.
Thanks for the opportunity to relay my ‘end user’ experience. I hope you take this to your product development team to improve the Sentinel product and release an improved version. – when you do, please let me know ????
The case is nicely textured and non slip even when wet.
My friends all noticed that immediately when they picked up the phone.
The glass screen protector was simple to apply, JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
the screen protector fits and sticks well with the case on. But the typing is not responsive, so you cant actually type very fast because of a delayed response.
My only issue is in the fitting of the screen protector. I followed all the steps in putting it on, but it makes a click noise in a couple of spots as if it hasn't connected properly to the screen, which makes the screen not as responsive in places. Does this indicate that is it not the correct shape/curve? apart from this good service :-)
The grip is nice, it protects the phone well, it's light and doesn't really change the look or size, which is nice. The glass cover gives a nice protection, the only down side, is that you have to press down harder on the screen as it loses quite a bit of the sensitivity, which isn't good.
Great product so far, wonderful service from the mobilefun team and excellent delvery.
Will shop here again!
Screen protector is awesome stick as should and covers the screen greatly but does not go well with my second case :( .
However the case is too loose on the top and also on the bottom so the phone case easily come out from the case :(
The edge could be a little higher to keep screen off surfaces and the fit could be a tad tighter as it feels like the phone could pop out at any time.
Be careful to align the top very careful or iris detection will be sluggish, perhaps their other screen protector with the larger central notch would be better than the included one.
The screen protector on the front is awfully you can hardly use the phone to type and it doesn't work properly with facial / iris recognition.
This was a sheer waste of money!
Sorry, no matching reviews have been found. Please check the filters you have applied.
Please check the filters you have applied or you can Show all languages to see reviews and we can translate them for you.