Parrot MINIKIT Smart
Most Helpful Reviews
33123As soon as I unpacked the Parrot kit, I was immediately impressed by its build quality. It is really well made from d what appears to be die cast metal. None of your plastic rubbish here! I charged it up before I started to use it and as soon as I paired the phone it downloaded the phonebook and I was ready to go. It is simplicity itself to make and receive calls and the speaker is very clear. It is very easy to navigate the menu and control things such as the volume. Now the disappointing bit. I'm sure it's not the kit's fault, but rather my phone which won't stream the Sat Nav instructions through the speaker. It is an older model using Nokia's "Symbian" operating system so it might have to do with that. It's actually a bit small for the holder as well, but I'm due an upgrade soon and I'm sure whatever I get will work perfectly with the kit. I can't fault it in any other way. It's well made, is easy to operate and it's very clear. Still gets 5 stars from me.
Colin Hunter Nokia 700 Shetland Isles 16th September 2013
34071The Smart Parrot is just what I have been looking for. Even in a noisy van you can hear and others hear you too would recommend this to any body looking for a hands free kit. The noise reduction really does work best hands free kit I have ever owned.
Shane Nokia Lumia 625 Preston 16th August 2013
34350I feeling free now driving my car!
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nikolaos Desypris Parrot MINIKIT Smart Athens Greece 9th August 2013
- Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free usage and sat-nav directions
- Adjustable holder accommodates most smartphones (most even when they have cases on)
- Can be used to charge devices through standard USB port
- Synchronises contacts for voice dialling and text-to-speech
- Long battery life with low battery indication
- Suction mount mechanism for attaching to dashboard or windscreen
- 2W integrated speaker with advanced Parrot NR2 noise reduction and echo cancellation
- Retractable mic means you can get mic to be closer to you
Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free usage and sat-nav directions
The Parrot MINIKIT Smart is the latest in a long line of successful hands-free Bluetooth car kits. Designed to be used with modern smartphones, the MINIKIT Smart features the full range of hands-free capabilities including voice dialling, accepting and rejecting calls, last number call-back, and call waiting. It is also made to work seamlessly with all popular sat-nav applications, such as CoPilot Live, TomTom for iPhone and Navigon, to transmit the voice directions through the kit's own speaker.
Adjustable holder accommodates most smartphones
As it's designed to be used with a wide range of smartphones, the MINIKIT Smart features an adjustable holder. It can accommodate phones of widths from 52mm to 70mm, which means with some phones, you can even use it while it's in a case. The kit has been tested with covers made of materials such as silicone, plastic and metal, and works perfectly with all of them.
Can be used to charge devices through standard USB port
On the side of the MINIKIT Smart are a standard USB port and a miniUSB port. By connecting the kit to your car's cigarette lighter using the included cable and adapter, you can then use the standard USB port either with the included cables or your own to charge your device, which means using your phone as a sat-nav needn't be a drain on your battery.
You can also use the miniUSB port to charge the MINIKIT Smart, and the USB port can be used to update the software on the device.
PLEASE NOTE: This Parrot MINIKIT does NOT come with an Apple 30 pin charging cable. However an existing Apple cable can be used with the available USB port
Synchronises contacts for voice dialling and text-to-speech
The MINIKIT Smart uses the PBAP profile to automatically synchronise your phone's contacts over Bluetooth, allowing you to use the kit's own voice dialling capabilities for true hands-free use. It also uses this feature for text-to-speech, using a synthesised voice to confirm calls and announce incoming caller names.
With the MINIKIT Smart, you never have to take your eyes off the road to either make a call or find out who's trying to get in touch with you. Note that if your phone does not support the PBAP profile, you can still use Object Push to manually synchronise contacts.
Retractable mic means you can get mic to be closer to you
To further improve the clarity of voice dialling and calls, the MINIKIT includes a built-in microphone with a retractable cable of 55cm, ensuring that you can position it in the most convenient location for clear and intelligible call quality
Long battery life with low battery indication
With an integrated lithium-ion rechargeable battery, the MINIKIT Smart charges in under 2 hours to give you a talk time of up to 10 hours, or up to 1 week of standby. When the battery is running low, the kit will beep every minute for 15 mins to alert you to the need to plug it in.
Suction mount mechanism for attaching to dashboard or windscreen
The mount part of the MINIKIT Smart has a suction mechanism with a 360° rotatable head which allows you to attach it to either your windscreen or your dashboard (using the included adhesive plastic disk) with ease. You can then orientate the phone in either landscape or portrait to get the best viewing angle for your sat-nav and hands-free use.
2W integrated speaker with advanced Parrot NR2 noise reduction and echo cancellation
While modern smartphones have the capability to run sat-nav software, often their speakers are not loud enough to hear in urban areas and during motorway driving. The Parrot MINIKIT Smart gets around this problem by using A2DP to transmit the navigation instructions through it's integrated 2W speaker. The kit also features advanced NR2 noise reduction from Parrot, as well as echo and residual echo cancellation, so your calls will be crystal clear on both ends.
- Portrait or landscape mode
- Green button: for answering calls, calling someone in the phonebook, launching speech synthesis, confirmation and supporting double calls
- Red button: for hanging up, switching the kit on and off, exiting menus and cancelling
- Rotary button: for accessing menus, adjusting the volume and sending DTMF signals
- Dialing/accepting/rejecting calls, last number call-back, call waiting, DTMF
- Activating the smartphone's voice commands (if applicable)
- Multi-user voice recognitionText-to-speech (speech synthesis): confirming calls, stating the caller's name
- 2W integrated speaker
- Vocal menusTransmission of verbal instructions from satellite navigation applications
- Full duplex
- Advanced Parrot NR2 noise reduction
- Echo and residual echo cancellation
- Length: 115mm (4.52in)
- Width: 89mm (3.50in)
- Depth: 46mm (1.81in)
- Weight: 180g (6.35oz)
- Number of contacts: 2000 per smartphone
- Language: one language per version
- Pairing: up to 10 smartphones
- Automatic connection by pairing order
- Phonebook synchronisation: Sync (IRMS), NokiaSync, SyncML
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- Profiles: HFP, PBAP, OPP, A2DP
- Pairing code: 0000
- Compatible with all Bluetooth mobile smartphones
- USB port: recharging the smartphone, updating the product
- MiniUSB socket: recharging the MINIKIT Smart via a 12V cigarette lighter socket
- Battery: lithium-ion, charged in max 2 hours
- Battery life: up to 10 hours talk time and more than 1 week on standby
- Low battery indication: beep emitted every minute, 15 minutes until the device is out of power
What's in the box?
- Parrot MINIKIT Smart
- Suction mount for attaching the device
- MiniUSB-type 12V cigarette lighter charger
- Adhesive plastic disk for the dashboard
- USB/miniUSB cable
- USB/microUSB cable
- 2 micro clips
- Quick start guide
|Mobile Fun ID||26736|
Questions & Answers
Delivery & Returns
All product stock messages are up to date and as accurate as possible, with delivery times quoted at the checkout remaining accurate also.
These estimated time of arrival dates are constantly looked at and refreshed to ensure that you can purchase with confidence.
|Method||Estimated Delivery Time||Price|
|Super Saver Delivery (Eligible products only)||3 to 5 working days||£1.35|
|Standard Delivery||3 to 5 working days||£3.95|
|DHL Next Day Parcel||Next working day if ordered before 6pm Monday to Thursday||£6.99|
|DHL Global Mail||4 to 10 working days||£3.50|
|DHL International Air Express||1 to 3 working days||From £12.95|
- Fast, same-day despatch when you order by 6pm on weekdays
- Free no-quibble 30 day return policy
- One flat delivery price for your order, no matter how many items you buy.
- For partially in-stock orders you pay for delivery only once. We’ll ship what’s in stock now and the rest later at no extra charge.
*Please note orders for batteries and power banks may be subject to delays due to dangerous goods shipping requirements.
**Please note next day delivery times may be affected during National Bank Holidays.
***Please note DPD Next Working Day will only delivery the next day if your order was placed before 6pm Monday to Thursday.You can view all of our delivery options, covering UK and international shipping by visiting our Delivery Information page.
In order to deliver your orders safely, a number of our partners have introduced a minimal contact or contactless delivery service. By doing so both our customers and our delivery partners are kept safe. Click here to see which couriers are able to offer contactless delivery.
View the countries that we ship to here: International shipping
Buy with confidence. Our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee means you can return your item in exchange for a full refund or exchange.
For more information about Shipping, Handling and Returns, please see our Terms & Conditions.