Most Useful Customer Reviews
Samsung S5 mini phone
7th November 2016
Even better than I expected :-)
There are many different possible designs for a phone case, but this is my favourite ever. I'll break it down.
1. I find it a total pain to put a screen password into my phone, just to see my diary, or even to check if the tube is running OK, for Christ's sake. So I have no lock on my phone itself, but instead using something like Applock to lock each individual app that I deem to be private or sensitive in some way. It works great!
2. Then the problem you get is that if the phone is in your pocket, it can get woken up by random key presses or button presses (not sure how it happens but it does). So the phone now MUST be in a case which has a cover.
3. The Samsung official S5 mini case is great because it locks the screen automatically when you close the cover. Beautiful... but, I find the side-opening cover a pain when you want to make a call, and it gets totally in the way if you rotate the phone to landscape mode to get a wider keyboard. Ergo, the case must have a flap that opens downwards, from the bottom, like this Encase one.
4. Next problem: how does the cover stay shut? Many manufacturers put a little flap with a press-stud closure on the cover. WRONG! When the case is open that flap has a life of its own and creeps round to cover the screen. And when the case is shut, the flap and press-stud adds a good 5mm depth to the phone - so remind me then, why did I buy a thin phone? Therefore, the flap must close with a push to shut type edge clip, just like the Encase does.
5. Finally, we have the Encase design! Now how is it implemented? Very well actually. It's not overengineered in premium leathers, so the price is correct. It's well made and has a nice bit of cushioning, but not so much that you can't still slide the phone into a tight pocket. The case adds only a minimal amount to the depth, height and width.
6. The clip on the top works like a dream, and when the cover is open, the clip acts as a mini stand on the table, to orient the phone slightly in your direction.
7. The case has all the openings so you can still access ALL the switches and ports with none of those awful hard plastic over-buttons that you have to press thru to get to your real buttons, if you know what I mean.
8. Well, you've probably realised by now that for me, this is the Holy Grail of phone cases. And whichever phone I have in the future, I'm going to be looking for this Encase type, if I can get one.
Read 21 customer reviews
Samsung Galaxy s5 minin
16th May 2015
Well made flip phone case
I had a similar case for my previous phone which lasted pretty well for 2 years plus and protected the phone well from the occasional fall / knock. This case fits snugly around the phone gripping it tightly. The case shuts well and the catch at the top keep the case closed without being too tight to open easily. All ports readily available -the only thing is that you have to take the phone our of the case to use the heart monitor (but I imagine the same will be true of all cases, except perhaps the Samsung one which replaces the back of the phone).
Write a review
- Slimline carbon fibre style construction for high performance look and feel
- High quality microfibre lining protects the phone from damage
- Vertically opening cover for quick and easy viewing
- Padded for a luxurious comfortable feel and extra protection
- Made for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Slimline carbon fibre style construction for high performance look and feel
Made from high-quality carbon fibre-style material, this flip case is the ideal protective partner for your S5 Mini. Made from two precision-cut pieces of material, this case is as durable as it is attractive. The complementary machine stitching on the lid of the case only adds to the style factor. Carbon fibre is suggestive of high performance engineering and this case will no doubt provide high performance protection to match its looks.
High quality microfibre lining protects the phone from damage
The interior of the case features a high quality microfibre lining. This cleans your screen and protects it from getting scratched during transportation.
Vertically opening cover for quick and easy viewing
Much like the flip phones of yesteryear, this case flips open vertically for easy access to your phone. With a simple movement of your thumb, the front cover drops down so you can view your S5 Mini's screen in an instant.
Padded for a luxurious comfortable feel and extra protection
This stunning case features extra padding on the front and rear. This not only adds extra protection and shock absorbency, but also means it offers a more comfortable feel in the hand.
Made for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Designed specifically for the S5 Mini, this case offers a perfect fit for your device. It also features cut-outs for the camera, buttons and speaker - so you can access the full functionality of your device without having to remove it from the case.