Posts Tagged ‘iphone 3g s’
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009
The iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS are designed to be used for just about everything. Whether its checking your email, booking train tickets, playing games or simply making a phone call. With the number of Apps available growing daily, the amount you use it is only likely to increase and you’re going to want to keep it protected but still be able to access it quickly and without the hassle of taking in and out of a case.
An iPhone 3G S Skin is one of the best ways to protect your iPhone against knocks and drops and keep the screen fully accessible.
Belkin Silicone Sleeve for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS
1. The iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS Belkin Silicone Sleeve is a perfect fit for both the iPhone 3G and 3GS and has cut outs for your charger / data cable, headphones and camera. A soft, non-slip coating cushions the phone in the event of it being dropped. The screen isn’t covered though, so I’d recommend using an iPhone Screen Protector to prevent scratches.
iSkin have a range of 3 different skins for your iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS – the Fuze, Solo and Revo2.
iSkin Fuze, Solo and Revo2 for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS
2. iSkin Solo are carefully crafted for a precise fit. They feature an Ultra High Gloss finish and have cut outs for all your accessories and volume controls.
3. iSkin Fuze is a dual-layer skin that protect against shock and impact damage. They have a soft rubber inner layer and a durable hard shell on the outside to give you the best possible protection. The screen is protected by a plastic guard that doesn’t affect the sensitivity of the touch screen. The Dock Connector is also protected against dust and dirt by a rubber cover.
4. iSkin Revo2 is the most advanced iSkin cover available. It is made from a premium silicone material that builds in Microban technology, an antibactierial technology included in househould items such as baby care and food storage products. The Revo2 has a non-slip back, as well as rubber covers for both the Dock Connector and headphone socket. A screen protector is included with the Revo2 as well as a removeable resin screen that protects it against more serious impact.
If you’re not looking for anything too flashy, and just want a simple, protective silicone case, then you have plenty to choose from, each with their own benefits.
iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS Silicone Covers
5. The Dual Skin Silicone Case for the iPhone 3GS is exactly what the name suggests – 2 Silicone cases in one. The Inner Case is designed to add an extra layer of protection against impact damage. The outer layer is made from a dust resistant silicone to keep your phone looking at its best.
6. iPhone 3G FlexiShield Skins are thicker and tougher than most Silicone Cases andwill certainly give your iPhone more bounce if you drop it! It doesn’t cover the screen though, so you’ll need to invest in an iPhone screen protector if you want to look after your screen too.
7. The Silicone Cases for the iPhone 3G & 3G S are simple protective cases for your iPhone 3G or 3GS. It is made from tough silicone that molds around your phone like a second skin, with an organic additive to help repel dirt and dust from the case.
If you haven’t seen a case or screen protector here that is quite what you’re after, take a look at our full range of iPhone 3GS Skins, iPhone 3G S Cases and iPhone 3G S Screen Protectors
Monday, June 22nd, 2009
If you’ve handed over all your hard earned cash for the latest iPhone 3G S or iPhone 3G, the last thing you’re going to want to do to it is damage the screen.
There are a few different options when it comes to protecting your screen, but which one is right for you? This guide will explain the differences between the different types and help you to make the right decision when choosing an iPhone 3G / 3G S screen protector.
iPhone 3G S InvisibleSHIELD
The InvisibleSHIELD is more than just a screen protector. Not only does it cover the front screen of the iPhone 3G and 3G S, it also includes the same tough protective film for the back of your iPhone. Installation takes a little bit longer than a normal screen protector, but the end result is well worth it. It covers almost all of your phone and will withstand the toughest of scrapes. The InvisibleSHIELD has a matte finish with a non slip feel to it. It is great at repelling fingerprints and reducing reflections and most importantly doesn’t affect the sensitivity of the touch screen. As the InvisibleShield doesn’t add any extra bulk to the iPhone, you can use in in conjuction with most Cases & Skins.
InvisibleShield for Apple iPhone 3G and 3G S
Classic Screen Protectors
If you are after a screen protector that is more like the one that will have been on the phone when you opened the box, then there are three to choose from – Martin Fields, MFX or a Mirrored Screen Protector.
Martin Fields Screen Protector for iPhone 3G S
Martin Fields are an exceptionally high quality screen protector, that fit to your phone quickly and easily. They are just as easy to remove leave no residue behind and can be cleaned and re-used . They are ultra thin and don’t interfere with using the touchscreen on your iPhone.
Apple iPhone 3G and 3GS MFX Screen Protector
MFX Screen Protectors are very similar to the Martin Fields. They come with a fitting card to help prevent air bubbles and a screen cleaning cloth.
iPhone 3G S Mirrored Screen Protector
These are the same as the MFX protectors, but have a mirrored finish that will turn the screen of your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G S into a mirror when the screen is not lit. As soon as the screen lights up, the mirror becomes transparent and you can use your phone as normal.
Due to the design of this type of Screen Protector, you may find it beneficial to use them in conjunction with an iPhone skin as this will help protect the edges and prevent them from peeling/curling.
Krusell Classic Leather Case
iPhone 3G / 3GS Krusell Classic Leather Case
The other option that you have of course is a leather case. Now you might be thinking that a leather case won’t work for a touch screen phone, and with most other touch screen handsets you’d be right, but the Krusell Classic Leather case works brilliantly. It is also the only leather case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3G S that actually has a protective cover over the screen . The front of the case is a clear plastic that doesn’t affect the sensitivity of the touchscreen and there are cut outs for the volume controls, headphone, charger & camera. A removable belt clip is included too.
If you haven’t seen a case or screen protector here that is quite what you’re after, take a look at our full range of iPhone 3G S Cases and iPhone 3G S Screen Protectors
Tuesday, June 9th, 2009
Apple last night confirmed months of rumours by announcing a new iPhone as well as a release date for the iPhone OS 3.0 software update. The announcements seem to be getting a mixed reaction, with most people seemingly impressed by the software update, but not so much by the new iPhone.
iPhone 3G S
The new iPhone is really a refresh of the current one, rather than something completely new. Rumours of an iPhone Mini and iPhone Pro have been around for months, but as with most Apple rumours, they were just that. The name of the new phone is unusual too, with the ‘S’ referring to Speed – the iPhone 3G S is noticeably faster than its predecessor.
The iPhone 3G S is the same shape & style as the current iPhone 3G, but with a number of changes internally – the main changes are with the Camera, Processor, Storage and Battery, and a couple of new software features not available to the iPhone 3G. The iPhone 3G S will be available on O2 and is due for release in the UK on the 19th of June
iPhone 3G S Features:
- 3.2 MP Camera with Touch Focus
- Video Recording and Editing
- Digital Compass for improved mapping
- Voice Control for calls and iPod
- 16GB & 32 GB Models
- iPhone OS 3.0
iPhone 3G S - No Cosmetic Changes
For a more detailed walk through on the new iPhone 3G S head over to the Stuff.tv website where they give it a full run through.
iPhone OS 3.0
Previously announced back in March, iPhone OS 3.0 hasn’t really changed much from the version that we reviewed recently. A few additional features have been added to the line up, including the option to download Movies, TV Shows and audio books direct to your phone over a 3G network. Internet tethering has been confirmed for the UK too – this is where you can connect your iPhone to your PC using Bluetooth or USB and use it as a modem to connect to the internet (in the same way as a mobile broadband dongle). iPhone tethering rates on O2 are £14.68 per month for 3GB of data, and £29.36 for 10GB of data. More information on iPhone tethering. iPhone OS 3.0 will be released on the 17th of June and will be a free upgrade to iPhone users and there will be a small charge (amount not confirmed) for iPod Touch users.
Landscape Typing in iPhone OS 3.0
iPhone OS 3.0 Features
- Cut, Copy & Paste
- Movies, TV and Books in iTunes store
- Internet Tethering
- Shake to Shuffle Music
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Find my iPhone and Remote Wipe (MobileMe users only)
- YouTube log in
- Support for Turn By Turn Sat Nav (TomTom for iPhone coming soon)
If you want more information on iPhone OS 3.0, we’ve got a hands on review that’s worth looking at, and a video review from Darryl Mitchel on his YouTube Channel.
A full range of iPhone 3G S accessories are available now on the Mobile Fun site.